Taxi Services During Lockdown With iAirport
We’re currently in the middle of COVID-19. As a nation, we’re on lockdown with government enforced restrictions on our movement. While we are being asked to stay home as much as possible, we are also required to shop for our food and in cases, where remote working isn’t possible, commute to work. Add to this a very limited list of other essential trips and it’s clear that public transport is still very much required.
As people wish to avoid mixing with others in a bid to stop the spread of the coronavirus, taxi services during lockdown have become imperative. We are still however, and quite rightly so, being asked by many customers whether it’s possible for them to use our services.
With this in mind, we thought we would address this by explaining what is allowed and how you can protect yourselves, along with our drivers. Here’s everything you need to know about using our taxi service during lockdown.
Can You Use Taxi Services From iAirport Cars?
In short, yes. You can use taxi services however it needs to be for an essential reason. These can be categorised as follows:
- Travel to and from work that cannot be performed at home. There are numerous people out there who simply cannot perform their jobs remotely from home. In this instance, a taxi service such as ours here at iAirport Cars can take you to and from work with ease.
- Shopping for essentials is another valid reason for using our taxi services. This of course must be done as infrequently as possible but is still very much an essential part of travel.
- The government has now explained that it is ok for people to travel a short distance (five/ten minutes) to a local park in order to enjoy one form of exercise per day. This can be done alone or with the people within your own household however as few people as possible is best.
- Travelling to and from medical appointments or to provide care for vulnerable people is another valid reason for travel.
- Attending the funeral of an immediate member of your family is now a valid reason for travel and has been clarified by the government.
How You Can Protect Yourself And Our Drivers
Of course, our taxi services during lockdown are here for you as and when you need us however it’s imperative that we all take steps to protect not only ourselves but our drivers too. In order to ensure everyone is as safe as possible, we recommend passengers sit in the seat furthest away from the driver.
You should also use hand sanitiser at every opportunity; before you enter the car and after you enter the car. Our drivers will also clean the vehicles before and after use to ensure as safe an environment as possible. Should you feel the need to sneeze or cough, you must catch it in a tissue.
Contact iAirport Cars Today
Here at iAirport Cars, we understand that we’re on lockdown however we also understand the need for many to still use a taxi service such as ours. If you’d like more information on our taxi services during the COVID-19 outbreak or to simply book a car service, please don’t hesitate to contact us today on 01483 959 042.